On behalf of Kanetsuka Sensei and the BAF Committee we wish all the members of the BAF and supporting friends a Happy and Harmonious 2018.
This will be a special year for us as it is the 50th anniversary of the British Aikido Federation.
As such we should make each of our main courses, Spring and Summer School a celebration of those 50 years with the visit of Dojo Cho in October to share with us in celebrating this achievement and to set out on the path for the next 50 years!
We look forward to practicing with you and your support during this special year!
|Gilberto Serrano de Almeida||Greenwich|
|Steven Saville||Swansea University|
|Tom Curry||Bristol University|
|Bogusia Van Ravensburg||Ryushinkan(Deventer)|
Some news from the IAF…
IAF is launching its #AikidoWomen campaign to coincide with International Women’s Day month in March.
To this occasion we seek your contributions!
- First phase till 28 Feb: Contributions in the form of photos and articles, or short viewsPlease tell us:
- What are Aikido women’s experience like in your dojo?
- How can we encourage more women to practice Aikido?
- How can we help sustain and prevent women in Aikido from giving up too early?
- Other questions, views?
- The best submissions will be collated by Vanessa. She’ll write an article about it to be published in March.
You can email her directly (in copy of that mail here) or to me.
2. Second phase starting 1 March-15 March
Please share on Facebook and tweet photos of women in Aikido. Please use the following 3 hashtags simultaneously:
#Aikido (to share the experience with Aikido practitioners around the world)
#AikidoWomen (hashtag of the campaign)
#IWD2017 (to link to International Women’s Day)
Assistant General Secretary
IAF – International Aikido Federation